Louis J. Dunka Jr. Memorial Service Award
This award is given for outstanding service to the AACC Industry Division. It may be a single event or continuous effort. Submit nominations by April 1 to the Division Chair.
Nominations for this award will include:
- The name, phone number and e-mail address of the nominator.
- The name and contact information of the nominee.
- Some background information about the nominee.
- A description of the contribution(s) to be considered.
- A brief rationale, if not obvious, stating why the contributions meet the awards criteria.
Send all nominations to email@example.com. Nominations will be accepted anytime up until April 1, 20014. The awards will be presented the 2014 AACC Annual Meeting.
Previous Award Recipients
2011: James Pierson-Perry, PhD, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, Glasglow, DE
2010: Jacob Levine, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, Tarrytown, NY
2009: Ronald Laessig, PhD, Wisconsin State Laboratory of Hygiene, Madison, WI
2008: Don Powers, PhD, Powers Consulting, Pittsford, NY
2007: Richard R. Miller, Dade Behring, Newark, DE
2006: Don Powers, PhD, Powers Consulting, Pittsford, NY
2005: Mary Lou Gantzer, Dade Behring, Inc., Newark, DE
Best Abstract of Interest to the Industry Division
This award will be for the best abstract of Interest to the Industry Division of the AACC.
Nominations for this award must include:
- The name, phone number and e-mail address of the nominator
- The name and contact information of the presenter.
- A copy of the abstract
- A brief rationale describing how the abstract meets the above criteria.
Criteria for this award will include:
- The abstract should make a significant contribution to the IVD Industry in one of the following areas: management, regulatory or improved patient care through a new or improved medical device (i.e. diagnostic method, reagent system, or other).
- The abstract should be of interest to a significant portion of the IVD Industry.
- The winning abstract will be innovative and contain new information.
- In the case of multiple authored abstracts, the award will be presented to the person presenting the abstract.
- The nominee does not need to be an Industry Division Member.
- The nominator does not need to be an Industry Division Member.
- If one wishes, they may nominate their own abstract
View the Process for Selecting the Best Abstract for the Industry Division.