The Industry Division of the American Association for Clinical Chemistry will be presenting two awards at the AACC Annual Meeting in July of 2006. First Award - Best Abstract of Interest to the Industry Division
This award will be for the best abstract of Interest to the Industry Division of the AACC. A cash award of $750 will be granted. This will be awarded in cooperation with the Society of Young Clinical Laboratorians (SYCL), who will assist with the selection of the best abstract.
The criteria for this award are as follows:
- The abstract should make a significant contribution to the IVD Industry in one of the following areas: management, regulatory or improved patient care through a new or improved medical device (i.e. diagnostic method, reagent system, or other).
- The abstract should be of interest to a significant portion of the IVD Industry.
- The winning abstract will be innovative and contain new information.
- In the case of multiple authored abstracts, the award will be presented to the person presenting the abstract.
- The nominee does not need to be an Industry Division Member.
- The nominator does not need to be an Industry Division Member.
- If one wishes, they may nominate their own abstract
Nominations for this award must include:
- The name, phone number and e-mail address of the nominator
- The name and contact information of the presenter.
- A copy of the abstract
- A brief rationale describing how the abstract meets the above criteria.
Second Award - Industry Division Service Award
For this award cash award of $750 will be given.
- This award is given for an outstanding accomplishment that is evidence by the initiation or support of a single event or continuous effort that has served the AACC Industry Division Membership and / or the IVD Industry.
- The accomplishment or effort should be recognized as an “outstanding service” activity by AACC members.
- The activity helps further education and awareness of the IVD Industry or the AACC as a whole.
Nominations for this award will include:
- The name, phone number and e-mail address of the nominator.
- The name and contact information of the nominee.
- Some background information about the nominee.
- A description of the contribution(s) to be considered.
- A brief rationale, if not obvious, stating why the contributions meet the awards criteria.
Send all nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations will be accepted anytime up until April 1, 2006. The awards will be presented at the Joint Mixer of the Pediatric and Maternal-Fetal, Molecular Pathology and Industry Divisions. The Abstract Award will also be presented at the SYCL Reception, if the recipient is a member of SYCL.
If you have any questions, please contact one of the Awards Committee members via email