The Critical and Point of Care Testing Division will work in collaboration with the National Office, Local Sections, and other Divisions of the American Association for Clinical Chemistry to promote and achieve the following objectives:
- To provide a forum for sharing knowledge, ideas, experiences, and strategies in point-of-care and related testing.
- To promote ongoing communication among critical and point-of-care testing (CPOCT) users, manufactures, and oversight groups.
- To promote awareness of issues unique to CPOCT, including scientific, clinical, financial, administrative, and regulatory aspects.
- To provide continuing education on issues and developments in CPOCT through conferences, programs, workshops, roundtables, newsletters, and by electronic means.
- To promote studies of the costs and outcomes of providing CPOCT and other rapid turnaround testing.
- To develop and promote standards related to CPOCT, and to provide expertise to legislators and regulators in furtherance of the public interest.
Joining the CPOCT Division
Membership in the Division is open to all members of the AACC. You may become a member of the Division by applying when you join the AACC or when you renew your membership. Division dues are $20 per year. You may join the AACC and its Divisions on-line , or you may contact the Membership Department (1-800-892-1400, then press 1) for membership forms.
As a new Division, we have many tasks to achieve. We are looking for those members who will form the working core of the Division. Opportunities to participate include the Program Committee, Internet Committee, Industrial Liaison Committee, and Newsletter Board of Editors.
We also need ideas. A major objective is to serve as an enabler for our members, providing them with knowledge and tools they need to achieve their professional goals. Let us know the sort of activities we should be doing to best serve our members. Better yet, volunteer to help us meet those needs.
If you would like to become involved, please contact any of the Division Officers.