This page is for those who seek financial support to attend AACC's Annual Meeting. Our major travel programs make attendance possible for those who could not otherwise participate. Travel grant applications are solicited before the meeting and winners are notified in advance of registering for the meeting. The two major programs for travel support are funded by AACC's Van Slyke Foundation:
At times, AACC's sections and divisions offer similar travel support. These are listed separately with Section and Division Awards. In addition, the association has a number of awards for annual meeting registrants who have had abstracts accepted for the annual meeting. While not exactly travel grants, these can help offset the cost of participating in the meeting. These include the following:
For all registrants:
Division Annual Meeting Abstract Awards
Fifteen of AACC’s 16 divisions give research awards based on accepted abstracts for the AACC Annual Meeting. The awards include cash gifts which may help offset the cost of participating in the meeting. To be considered for a division award you must check the appropriate box on the Annual Meeting abstract submission form.
Division Abstract Awards are given for:
- Outstanding Research in Animal Clinical Laboratory Medicine
- Outstanding Research in Immunology or Immunological Techniques
- Outstanding Research in Translational Medicine (CTS)
- Outstanding Research in Critical Care and Point-of-Care Testing
- Industry Division Abstract Award
- Outstanding Research in Medical Informatics
- Outstanding Research in Lipoproteins and Vascular Diseases
- Outstanding Research in Management Sciences
- Outstanding Research in Molecular Pathology or Pharmacogenomics
- Young Investigator Award for Outstanding Research in Molecular Pathology or Pharmacogenomics
- Student/Medical Technologist Abstract Award for Outstanding Research in Molecular Pathology or Pharmacogenomics
- Outstanding Research in Nutrition
- Student and Young Faculty Poster Award for Research in Pediatric or Maternal-Fetal Laboratory Medicine
- Outstanding Research in Pediatric or Maternal-Fetal Laboratory Medicine
- Outstanding Research in Therapeutic Drug Management or Toxicology
- Outstanding Research in Biomarkers of Acute Cardiovascular Diseases
- Outstanding Research in Personalized Medicine
- Student Travel Grants - Free registration and a small cash award for selected students with accepted annual meeting abstracts.
- Student Research Awards - Cash awards for exceptional oral presentation posters presented by students with accepted abstracts .
- SYCL Domestic Travel Grants - AACC helps SYCL members in the US participate in its Annual Meeting by awarding SYCL Domestic Travel Grants. These need-based grants give preference to applicants who submit oral or written posters for presentation. SYCL Domestic Travel Grant winners receive a cash award of $2,000.