FUNDAMENTALS OF MOLECULAR PATHOLOGY CERTIFICATE PROGRAM
Earn 13 ACCENT® continuing education credits and a certificate of completion for successfully completing the program before the access end date.
This program is composed of nine courses, listed below. Each course can be completed online in 1-4 hours each and contains a lecture, slides and transcripts, additional readings and a quiz. Communicate questions or comments using the program discussion board.
- Introduction to Molecular Pathology
- Techniques I
- Techniques II
- Infectious Diseases
- Solid tumors
- Lab Practices
Certificates are awarded online upon successful completion of the program. Graduates are recognized on a register located on the certificate program web page.
Developed with all levels of laboratory professionals in mind, the content of this program is at the basic to intermediate level and will provide participants with opportunities to increase their knowledge of molecular pathology. This program was developed to present the essentials of molecular pathology and provide laboratorians with an understanding of nine different areas of study.
After completing this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe DNA structure, RNA structure, and mutations
- Discuss the differences in amplification methods
- Explain the different modes of inheritance
- Discuss different types of molecular testing
- Understand the importance of quality control, quality assurance, and development and validation of assays
These expert faculty are experienced educators who have extensive knowledge of molecular pathology and diagnostics and contributed to developing this program:
- John Greg Howe, PhD, DABCC, Faculty Chair
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT
- Linnea Baudhuin, PhD
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN
- Helen Fernandes, PhD, DABCC
UMDNJ-New Jersey Medical School, Newark, NJ
- Andrea Ferreira-Gonzalez
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
- Neal Lindeman, MD, DABCC
Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA
- Steven Wong, PhD, DABCC, FACB
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI
- Alan Wu, PhD, DABCC
University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Jerry Yeo, PhD, DABCC, FACB
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Barbara Zehnbauer, PhD
Centers for Disease Control, Atlanta, GA
This program is sponsored by the AACC Molecular Pathology Division, and is supported by Roche Diagnostics.
Open Enrollment until December 31, 2014
Program Access from January 1, 2014 until July 15, 2015
Fee: $275 AACC Member/$550 Non-member
Course Number: 8731
13 ACCENT® continuing education credits
- If you purchase the program on our website, processing is immediate and the login information will be on your AACC Web Orders confirmation email.
- If you purchase the program over the telephone, order processing will take 3-4 business days. Access information will be emailed to you upon enrollment.
- If you purchase the program via US Post or fax, please allow 2 weeks for order processing.
- Haven't received your access information? Please contact AACC Customer Service.
ACCENT® credit is offered. AACC is an approved provider of continuing education for clinical laboratory scientists in the states of California, Florida, Louisiana, Montana, Nevada, North Dakota, Rhode Island, and West Virginia.