The 2013 General Research Grant was awarded to Linda Hasadsri, MD, PhD Clinical Biochemical Genetics Fellow – Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, for her project entitled "Detection of 4-Hydroxy-2-Oxoglutarate Aldolase Metabolites in Urine for the Diagnosis of Primary Hyperoxaluria Type III."
AACC’s Directed Donations Program provides a small start-up grant targeted to young investigators who need limited research funds to explore new ideas in areas where funds are not normally available.
Applications are due by March 15, for projects starting after June 1 of the same year.
How to Apply
Complete the Application for Research Grant.
Applications will be evaluated using the following scientific criteria:
- Scientific significance;
- Soundness of research plan;
- Degree of achievability;
- Potential for the project to lead to further exploration beyond grant period; and
- Transferability of research findings to actual practice.
Administrative criteria used will include:
- Degree to which the research proposal is critical to the career of the applicant;
- Degree to which AACC funding is critical to the start of the project;
- Adequacy of the facility proposed; and
- Satisfactory budget.
Preference for research grants will be given to young investigators.
Submit one electronic copy of your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions? If you have questions about the General Research Grant, please contact Membership & Awards Coordinator, April Gascon, at email@example.com or call (800) 892-1400 x 1701 or (202) 835-8701.