Helen Free Grant (For Non-Doctoral Applicants Residing in the USA Only)
The Helen Free Travel Grant was established to recognize Helen Free whose many achievements include the development of the first urine glucose dipstick. This award is for non-doctoral applicants residing in the United States only and is worth $2,500 to assist in travel to attend the AACC Annual Meeting. Applications are due December 31; The winner will be notified by March 1 and the funds will be distributed at the AACC Annual Meeting.
The Helen Free Travel Grant is intended to help offset travel expenses, not to cover all the costs of attending the meeting, and are based on the following criteria which should be explained in the cover letter:
- Impact on the applicant’s career; and
- Financial need to attend
How to Apply
Applications should contain the following:
- A statement about how attending the Annual Meeting will help the applicant in his or her work environment;
- A statement as to whether the applicant has submitted an abstract for presentation at the meeting (if so, a copy of the abstract must be included with the application).
- Information about whether other resources are available for the applicant to attend the meeting. Applicant must be able to pay in advance for airfare and other expenses related to travel to the meeting as the award will not be given until arrival at the meeting.
- Contact information for the applicant, such as address, e-mail address, or fax number;
- Information about whether applicant has attended past AACC meetings;
- Applicant's CV or resume;
- Two letters of support that address the impact your attendance at the meeting will have on your job and in your institution, AND financial need to attend which must be on organizational letterhead.
Submit applications by December 31 to:
Email: Michele Horwitz
Format: Please make sure the documents are in the sequential order listed directly above (under the "How to Apply" Section). Applications will not be considered unless submitted as a single PDF document.
If you still have questions about the Helen Free Travel Grant, email Michele Horwitz or call (800) 892-1400 Ext. 1723 or call (202) 835-8723.